2018 PARADE UPDATE
Ok- for those who are going to ride the float on Friday – we line up on First Street between Buntin and Perry behind the Bierhaus Building. The float will be there around 2:00 and the parade starts at 3:45 so get there early and we’ll get everyone loaded up. Shirts are now in! You can pick them up from Erika at her office on Friday between 8:30 and 1:00, or at the parade lineup at 2:00. There is a bathroom at the Pavilion to change before you get on the float. If you haven’t signed up to ride in the parade, just show up at 2:00.
Online & mail payments are closed for the reunion. If you still wish to attend, please just pay at the door.
A note from Hunter Pinnell about Homecoming 2018 is now on the official Facebook group:
Homecoming is Friday, September 21, 2018
The class of 1988 30 year reunion will be on Saturday, September 22, 2018
You should have received a letter with details by email. You can also view it here:
Greetings Class of 1988,
The years have flown by and now our 30 year class reunion is coming up soon on Homecoming weekend, September 21st and 22nd, 2018. As usual, there are many events going on over the weekend for all classes and then something special just for us on Saturday evening.
Friday September 21st:
- The Pavilion opens at 9:00am with food and activities throughout the day
- 3:45 pm- Annual Homecoming Parade downtown start. We’ll have a Class of 88 float and please check the box when you register if you are going to ride so we’ll know how many are going to be there. The lineup starts at 2:00 so you will need to be there at least 30 minutes before the start to load up and more information will be sent out as it gets closer.
- 6:40 pm- Homecoming Queen Coronation (Inman Field)
- 7:00 pm- Homecoming football game against North Knox (Inman Field).
- 7:00 pm- 1:00am- All classes gather at the Pavilion downtown at Second and Busseron Streets for the big party. Please Note: The Homecoming Committee has changed the rules regarding alcohol due to liability issues. Patrons will no longer be allowed to bring in outside alcohol to the Pavilion area; instead, two beer gardens will be providing beer for a fee. We will pass along additional information as it is announced.
Saturday September 22nd:
- 30th Reunion Party! We will be gathering at the Vincennes Eagles Lodge- 1325 Willow St. The doors will open at 6:00 pm and appetizers and food from Pangaea will be served from 6:30- 8:00. There will also be a cash bar with cheap drinks, a DJ, and plenty of other things going on while everyone catches up. The cost is $30.00 a person for the evening. Dress is casual for all of the weekend events, including Saturday night.
- Thanks to DJ Halter, D&S Ambulance Service will be providing transportation to homes or lodging facilities located in Vincennes after the reunion.
- We have a new Class of 88 t-shirt to commemorate our 30th year reunion and you can order one when you register for the reunion. $15 for Adult S-XL, $17 for XXL, $19 for XXXL
- If you are unable to attend but wish to support the class for this and future projects please add that on the registration page or send it to the address below for the registration.
We are continuing the electronic registration to save on postage and make it easier for us all. All registration will be electronic on the website Neil Rapp has updated for this year. Go to www.LHS88.org and go to “Online Registration” in the top menus to sign up for everything. Fill out the registration form there, total up your cost and then you can click through and pay with PayPal if you have a PayPal account, or by sending a check if you don’t. You should receive a notice that you are registered and an email right away if successful so if you don’t get either of those, you may have to register again. We have seen some issues when registering on your phone and it’s easier if you just use a computer. Let us know through the class email address email@example.com of any issues and we’ll sort them out.
We are trying to avoid the significant fee that PayPal charges for a donation so instead of having a “Donate” button, you need to login to PayPal separately, choose “Send Money”, put firstname.lastname@example.org in the “To:” box, then check the option for “I’m sending money to family or friends”, then type in the amount you totaled up in the registration form and then continue on to choose your funding source. Or you can use the link for Paypal.me: https://www.paypal.me/88Alices. Or you can print your name on your check if it isn’t already on it so we can match it up with the registration and enclose it with the check, made out to “LHS Class of 88” and send it to:
Class of 88
110 N 15th Street
Vincennes, IN 47591
Please include an email address if you sign up either way so we can confirm your registration back to you. Registration will go through the end of the day on September 5th but please get registered and your money sent in as soon as possible so we’ll know as early as possible how many to plan for. UPDATE: ONLINE registration is now closed. You can just show up and pay at the door. The official Class of 88 email address is email@example.com or you can contact any of the core members of the planning committee below:
|Erika (Thomas) Goble|
|Jill (Bailey) Dossett|
|Desiree (McCray) Cantwell|
|Jenny (Garbers) Kiel|
|Denise (Stiles) Welfel|
|Crista (Page) Breece-Reel|
|Jenny (Tuttle) Brown|
- If you need to book a hotel room for the weekend, the Marriott Towneplace Suites on Willow Street and the Hampton Inn on Ford Road are the newest and nicest, then the Holiday Inn Express on Sixth Street. There are other hotels as well there is a comprehensive listing at the CVB website here: http://www.vincennescvb.org/lodging.
See you in September!